One of the oldest cities in Hampton Roads, Portsmouth was founded in 1752 as a port town. Today, it can boast that it is the busiest international port on the East Coast.
Homes For Sale in the City of Portsmouth
4012 Estates Ln, Portsmouth, VA - $460,000
Beautiful 5 Bedroom, 3.5 Bath Home In Sought After Gated Community Of River Pointe Neighborhood In Portsmouth. Very Open And Spacious Floor Plan W/ 2 Story Foyer. Hardwood Floors In Dining, And Family/game Room. Custom Woodwork Throughout The Home...
2917 Replica Ln, Portsmouth, VA - $439,000
Beautifully Remodeled 3,015 Sq Ft Waterfront Home In The Desirable Sterling Point Area. There Are 4 Bedrooms W/ 3 Baths & 2 Half Baths (all New Plumbing)and All New Flooring, Paint, And Fixtures Throughout. The Master Bedroom Retreat On The 1st Fl...
16 Cypress Rd, Portsmouth, VA - $399,900
With Stunning Views Of The Elizabeth River, This Wonderful Home Provides Tons Of Amenities For The Nature/water Lover. Tucked Away On A Peaceful .6 Acre Lot And Hidden From Traffic, Most People Won’t Know You’re There. Multiple Decks Offer Spectac...
PortsmouthWhat's My Home Worth?
Real Estate Statistics
More information about the City of Portsmouth
While the Norfolk Naval Shipyard ties Portsmouth indelibly to the maritime industry with shipbuilding and commercial shipping, it is also embarking on significant cultural renewal and preservation initiatives. With the support of a strong, committed community, new museums, local art galleries, festivals, and recreational opportunities are popping up around the city, making Portsmouth an exhilirating, up-and-coming place to be.
The City of Portsmouth offers its residents the following:
- Miles of waterfront property on the Elizabeth River
- Ferry to Downtown Norfolk
- Historic sites & buildings
- Museums (Children's Museum of Virginia, Virginia Sports Hall of Fame & Museum, Museum of Military History)
- Waterside festivals
- Arts & cultural opportunities, especially at the Courthouse Galleries
- Entertainment venues (Willett Hall, nTelos Wireless Pavilion, Commodore Theatre)
- A historic Olde Towne district, the home of charming shops, fabulous restaurants, a weekly Farmer's Market, free concerts, and local art galleries
- Recreational opportunities (Hoffler Creek Wildlife Foundation & Preserve, Portsmouth City Park, Skate Park at George Washington Park, Paradise Creek Nature Park)